A well-prepared CV and cover letter - are of the most important criterias for your job search. 6 seconds. That’s how much time recruiters usually take to look at your CV. As a result, it’s important to make CV as easy as possible for the reader to skim and identify your most important selling points.
Here's what you should do before you start looking for a job:
1. Email. Make a professional e-mail with correct name or surname for example.
2. Social media. Make sure that your information on social media is available only to your friends, unless it's a professional network profile, such as LinkedIn. Keep the available professional data information consistent with your resume.
3. Correct grammar mistakes on your CV. Check the grammar in the resume. The language of the text should be fluent, logical and professional.
4. Applying to several positions? Employers like candidates who know their career path. Be specific and provide information about your competences for that actual position that you are applying to.
5. Contact information. Always carefully check your contact details that you provide in the resume and email signature. Check if your e-mail address and your phone number is correct.
Good luck in finding your dream job!